Michelle continued her career in the industry as a Project Manager, focusing on improving the company’s products through the implementation of cradle-to-cradle principles. After working for this consultant company, Michelle sought to expand her knowledge. Therefore, she continued her career as a Ph.D. candidate at Maastricht University. Her current research explores the social and environmental impacts of converting household waste into biofuels for the aviation and maritime industries. As a member of the CARBIOW project, she collaborates with various institutes across Europe.
- Life Cycle Assessment
- Cradle to cradle
- Social Life Cycle Assessment
- MSc. in Biobased Materials, Maastricht University, the Netherlands
- Master thesis Award: Maastricht Observatory on Resilient, Responsible & Sustainable Enterprise and Economy (MORSE) Award
- Publication Master thesis: Comparative life cycle assessment of the biochemical and thermochemical production routes of biobased terephthalic acid using Miscanthus in the Netherlands
- BSc. in Applied Science, emphasis in Material Science, Fontys University of Applied Science in Eindhoven, the Netherlands.
- CEN1001, Engineering in a Circular Economy, Bachelor degree: Tutor